Monday, June 23, 2008

Song of the day...

With more than forty years of music in my mind, I wake up almost every morning with a song in my head. It's generally, but not always a song that I particularly like. Sometimes I can explain the choice for the song of the day: some sparkle of information started an association. The morning after the Russian football team knocked out the Dutch team in the 2008 European Championship I woke up with Sting, singing 'I hope the Russians love their children too'. And after I read the sad news that jazz pianist Esbjörn Svensson died in a diving accident, a few days in a row his tunes captivated my mind. Sometimes however, I have a song on my mind without knowing why that particular song has chosen this particular moment to manifest itself... What a strange force of music and melody.

No comments: